World Cancer Day 2019
For nearly 20 years, the Union for International Cancer Control has brought the world together in a unified front against cancer. World Cancer Day aims to “unite the cancer community to reduce the global cancer burden, promote greater equity, and integrate cancer control into the world health and development agenda” (worldcancerday.org).
The Eye Cancer Foundation’s goals closely align with those put forth by World Cancer Day. Life-saving diagnostic techniques and treatment methods for cancer should be accessible to everyone throughout the world. This is the exact reason why the ECF has emphasized and supported the placement of fellowship-trained cancer specialists in unserved and underserved countries for the past 20 years. While we continue researching and innovating for more precise treatment, we also want interventions available in order to halt the preventable deaths of children with retinoblastoma and patients with cancers of the eye and orbit.
“We believe that access to life-saving cancer diagnosis, treatment, and care should be equal for all – no matter where you live, what your income, your ethnicity or gender…We believe that individuals, together can create change.” – worldcancerday.org
This coming World Cancer Day, consider supporting and raising awareness for eye cancer, a rare cancer variety in critical need of worldwide acknowledgement.
More about World Cancer Day: https://www.worldcancerday.org/
Donate to the ECF: https://eyecancercure.com/donate
Receive the latest news and opportunities from The Eye Cancer Foundation. Please fill out the form below.
- VISIONARY NEWSLETTER: FALL 2018
- Understanding Your Data Privacy
- Happy Holidays from The Eye Cancer Foundation!
- Visionary Newsletter -- Fall 2017
- 8th Edition AJCC Cancer Staging Completed
- Second Working Day Now Part of Official ISOO Biennial Conference
- The International Council of Ophthalmology Joins The Eye Cancer Foundation to Train Developing-World Physicians to Treat the Childhood Eye Cancer, Retinoblastoma
- The Visionary Newsletter - Summer 2016 Edition
- International Retinoblastoma Fellowships