Dr Honavar Receives The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
Dr. Santosh Honavar: Eye Cancer Specialist
The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award established by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, the Government of India, is one of the highest honors for young scientists. The Award for 2009 in Medical Sciences goes to Dr Santosh G Honavar of the LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
Dr Honavar has made seminal contributions to the management of advanced retinoblastoma with dramatically improved patient survival, eye salvage, and visual recovery. His work on high-dose chemotherapy and periocular chemotherapy for advanced intraocular retinoblastoma, adjuvant therapy to minimize the risk of metastasis in patients with histopathologic high-risk features, and multimodal management of orbital retinoblastoma have immensely benefited children with advanced retinoblastoma.
The award will be presented at a special ceremony presided over by the Prime Minister of India.
Receive the latest news and opportunities from The Eye Cancer Foundation. Please fill out the form below.
- VISIONARY NEWSLETTER: FALL 2018
- Understanding Your Data Privacy
- Happy Holidays from The Eye Cancer Foundation!
- Visionary Newsletter -- Fall 2017
- 8th Edition AJCC Cancer Staging Completed
- Second Working Day Now Part of Official ISOO Biennial Conference
- The International Council of Ophthalmology Joins The Eye Cancer Foundation to Train Developing-World Physicians to Treat the Childhood Eye Cancer, Retinoblastoma
- The Visionary Newsletter - Summer 2016 Edition
- International Retinoblastoma Fellowships