Ehab N El Rayes, MD, Ph.D.
Education and Fellowships
- Medical school
- Ein Shams university, Egypt
- Ein Shams university Hospital, Egypt
- Cairo University Hospitals, Egypt
- Cairo University
- Associated Retinal Consultants, PC, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
- Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine Emory University, USA
- Research Eye institute, Oakland University, Rochester Michigan, USA
• Professor and Chair of Ophthalmology, Institute Of Ophthalmology, Cairo.
• Vitreoretinal Surgeon, Retina department, National Institute of Ophthalmology, Cairo.
• Consultant, El Gala Military Hospital, Cairo.
• Vitreoretinal Surgeon, International Eye Hospital. Cairo
• Consultant, Specialty Eye Hospital.
Dr . El Rayes is professor of Ophthalmology and Chairman of Retina service at the institute of Ophthalmology in Cairo, Egypt. He received his medical degree with honor from Ein Shams University and completed his Ophthalmology training and residency at Cairo University hospital. He obtained his masters degree in Ophthalmology from Cairo University. He joined Associated Retinal Consultant, in Royal Oak, Michigan, in 1993 for his Vitreoretinal fellowship . He also participated in a year of research fellowship at the research Eye institute at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan in 1994. He received his PhD degree from Cairo University in Egypt.
Dr El Rayes is the primary investigator in clinical trials both nationally and internationally , with special interest in diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment and pediatric retinal surgery. He serves as a Vitreoretinal surgeon in the retinal service at international Eye hospital. He is an innovator of the 23 G fragmatome as well as the suprachoroidal surgery techniques and is the founder of the Arab African Society of Retina Specialists ( AASRS ) . He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology ( AAO ) , Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) , European vitreoretinal Society ( EVRS), American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS ), Egyptian Ophthalmological Society, Club Vit, and Pan Arab African Ophthalmological council. He is the liaison leader for the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) serving Africa and the Middle East .
Dr . El Rayes has received numerous awards such as the Amin El Maghraby award at the Egyptian Ophthalmologic Society Meeting in 2001, the international education award as well as the international scholar award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the honor award from the American Society of Retina Specialists in 2011.
As professor at the institute of Ophthalmology , he continues to share new scientific findings with his colleagues and aid in fellow training . He has many publications, journal reviews and participates on a number of executive committees for both educational and research purposes.
The Eye Cancer Network is supported by The Eye Cancer Foundation.
Help support eye cancer research and education now »