History and Mission
Established in 1998, The Eye Cancer Foundation is an educational and supportive resource for eye cancer patients, their families, and physicians. Our mission is two-fold: one part focused on multi-centered research of new diagnostic treatments for eye cancer research, the other focused on providing much needed, world-wide patient support services.
Our mission is to create a world-class resource for patients and their families diagnosed with ocular tumors, macular degeneration, and related ophthalmic conditions.
We want to help you, your children and families around the world.
ECF Specific Goals:
- Find cures for patients with ocular tumors and related eye diseases.
- Provide eye cancer specialists for unserved and underserved countries.
- Coordinate international cooperative evaluation of new methods of diagnosis and treatment.
- Support family and patient support programs to ease emotional stress and real-life adjustment issues related to eye cancer.
- Promote transparency related to doctors and patient outcomes.
- Promote quality assurance and education for eye cancer specialiatly centers.
- Empower patients to find the resources to improve their lives.